Hyatt Farms Online Store
Developed for the new home defense shotgun owner or individuals thinking about buying a shotgun for home defense, our Defensive Shotgun 101 class provides a hands-on introduction to the safe handling and proper orientation of self defense shotguns.
The two-hour class includes both classroom and range time and is held at Hyatt Farms Shooting Complex. Rental guns are available and students can purchase ammunition on the day of the course.
- Safe shotgun handling
- Mechanics of pump and semi-auto shotguns
- Ammunition types (birdshot, buckshot, and slugs)
- Loading and unloading procedures
- Basic Care & Maintenance
- Shooting Fundamentals - Grip, Stance, Sight Alignment
Required (What You Need)
- Ten rounds of birdshot, five rounds of buckshot, and five rounds of slugs (available for purchase on the day of the class)
- Home defense or tactical shotgun (maximum barrel length of 21 inches. Rental guns available)
- Eye & Ear Protection (due to health concerns, you must bring your own or purchase on the day of the class)
- Closed Toe Shoes (no sandals allowed)
Space is Limited, so reserve your spot today! Please note this is a NON-REFUNDABLE Payment.
Children under 21 are welcome to attend, but must be accompanied by a parent or guardian, who is also taking the class.