Hyatt Farms Online Store
This course will focus on getting first-round hits from 300-600 yards in a variety of shooting positions. We will cover principles and concepts that will give the student a greater understanding of the “why.” We will cover rifle setup, equipment selection, and marksmanship fundamentals. Students will be able to range, make a wind call, develop a firing solution, and get a first-round hits out to 600 yds (within the capability of your rifle and caliber.) No rifle, no problem! All recommended equipment is available for sale or rent at the Pro Shop.
About the Instructor
Brad has over 18 years of experience in the US Army, including four combat deployments, Marksmanship Master Trainer, Drill Sergeant, DoD Non-Lethal Weapons Instructor Course, Modern Army Combatives Trainer, Designated Marksman, Army Reserve Marksmanship Unit Trainer and Competitor.
- Rifle (bolt action or semi-automatic) capable of 1 MOA (less than one-inch group at 100 yards) accuracy. Please arrive with your rifle zeroed at 100 yards if possible.
- Optic of at least 6x magnification with a long range MRAD or MOA “Christmas-tree” style reticle (examples: Horus Tremor, Nightforce Mil-XT). BDC-style reticles are discouraged.
- Bipod: Harris and Atlas are the industry standards. Magpul bipods are not recommended.
- 200 rounds of the same match ammunition. Our recommended factory ammo is Hornady ELD-X or Sierra Match King. AR-15s in .223/5.56 bullets need to be at least 69 grain.
- Sling (adjustable V-Tac style or comparable is recommended).
- Appropriate clothing for the weather forecast. The primary shooting area is covered. We recommend long pants, and closed-toe shoes are required.
- Shooting bags
- Notebook or index cards
Equipment for Rent (First come, first served. Prior Coordination is highly recomanded):
- Bolt Action and Semi-automatic Rifles
- Shooting Bags
- Range Finder
- Spotting Scope
- Kestrel 5700 Elite with Applied Ballistics
Spots in this class are very limited and you must pre-register. Please choose the date you'd like to take the class below...